AS of 6/08/2020: We have rescheduled our Spring Flea & Craft Market to Saturday, July 18th 9am-1pm!
Are you a local artisan or have a garage full of gems you've been meaning to part with? Sign up today!
SET UP: Open evening before Flea & Craft Market Saturday, July 18th from 7:00am-9:00am to set-up booth spaces OUTDOORS. Please be ready to sell at 9:00 am sharp on Saturday, July 18th. Load-out is from 1:00-2:00 pm. Please plan accordingly.
- All vendors must sign contract/waiver between the San Juan County Fairgrounds and Vendor (Terms & Conditions below); or agree to terms and conditions electronically.
- No refund for cancellations/no-shows. Fees are non-transferable to other market days.
- Vendors will be invoiced upon receipt of application. Checks can be mailed to:
SJC Fairgrounds, PO BOX 1094, Friday Harbor, WA 98250
If you have questions, please contact the office at: 360.378.4310 or email@example.com
Please complete the form below and click blue SUBMIT button at the bottom of form.
PREPARE FOR SUCCESS!
- LOAD-IN/OUT EFFICIENTLY– Vendors must load in on Saturday (Market Day, July 18th) from 7am until 9am. Vendor booth spaces will be under main building awnings or under 10 x 10 pop up tents to allow for social distancing outdoors.
- Heavy items bring a dolly/hand truck if you have one.
- A little bit of merchandising goes a long way!
- DISPLAYS COUNT, bring in a small end table to add some levels to your display. Table cloths are nice touch, but not required.
- Have a minute with no customers? Re arrange items on tables!
- Don’t sit in front of merchandise you want to sell.
- Think of ways you can accept payment without contact (ex. Paypal, Venmo, Square)! Get your cashbox/change apron ready for the weekend and have gloves if you plan to accept cash or check! Amount and denominations is up to you depending on what you’re selling. Remember that banks are closed on Saturdays and the Fair does not provided change. If you are handling cash, wear gloves and use hand sanitizer. Vendors and visitors must wear masks at the Flea Market.
- Price tags help, and priced areas are great too! Consider a “$1 dollar, this section” table.
- LARGE item you don’t want to bring? If you have a large item you want to sell, like a car, boat, or hot tub, print a big photo, display it at your booth, add a price tag, and prepare information to hand out to perspective buyers to contact you later.
- NOT SURE WHAT TO BRING? Here are some ideas:
- “Gift-able” items- art, handmade crafts, woodworking, jewelry
- Children’s Toys and board games (if it’s a complete set, note it!)
- Yard Tools
- Home Décor
- Kitchen Appliances (we have outlets for testing)
- Seasonal sports equipment (skis, snowboards, kayak, paddle board, bikes—if items are too big, bring a picture and display it)
- PLEASE NOTE: Masks will be required for visitors and vendors. If we are unable to host the Flea Market in the Main Building, we will set up outdoor booth spaces outside to ensure social distancing. COVID-19 Safe Start safety precautions are subject to change, please check https://www.sanjuanco.com/1668/2019-Novel-Coronavirus for information specific to San Juan County. Event date may change, and we appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
- While one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, that may not always be the case when money is being exchanged. If you have something severely damaged, covered in spider webs or in a box that people can’t see, it’s likely it won’t sell. Choose your items wisely and bring a rag to dust off items for their “sell factor”. You may have a “free items” section, however, you are responsible for taking home unsold items.
- MARKET YOURSELF! Yes, while we do market this event (signs, banner, classified ad, posters, online blog & print newspapers) but tell your friends and neighbors, and if you have a Facebook, post a few photos of your booth on the day of the market! Be sure to like us on facebook “@sjcfair”