Superintendent: Lenore Bayuk; 360-378-3636
Questions? Call the Fair Office; 360-378-4310
Location: Main Exhibit Hall
Blue - $3
Red - $2
White - Ribbon only
AWARDS OF $10 FOR BEST OF CLASS AND $25 FOR BEST IN SHOW MAY BE DONATED BY THE SAN JUAN HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY.
1. Fruit should be of show quality and grown in San Juan County by the entrant. Please see San Juan County Fair Entry rules.
2. The number in parenthesis after the type of fruit indicates the quantity to submit.
3. Fruit should be as close to perfection as possible - ripe, or slightly under ripe so it will last several days on display.
4. Lots should be of uniform size and shape as uniformity is more important to the Judge than large size.
5. Enter fruit with good representative color, a minimum of blemishes, and without bruises, damage, insect or larval infestations.
6. All fruit (except berries and nuts) should have stems left intact.
7. Autumn ripening fruit will not be mature in August but will be shown alongside others grown in similar conditions and judged as representative of that type or variety.
8. Enter by variety name. Preference is given to named varietals in the judging.
9. More than one entry per Class is allowed, if they are from different varieties.
10. The Superintendent may refuse entries or remove exhibits which are unsightly because of damage, decay, disease or infestation.
Class 1: Apples (3)
- Buckley Giant (Improved Buckley)
- Delicious, Golden (Yellow Delicious)
- Delicious, Red
- Early Blaze
- Golden Russet
- Northern Spy
- Twenty Ounce
- Tydeman Red
- Wolf River
- Apple, other. Must name variety.
Class 2: Heritage Apples (3)
- Blue Pearmain
- Bramley’s Seedling
- Brown Russet
- Cox’s Orange Pippin
- Snow (Fameuse)
- Twenty Ounce
- Yellow Banana
- Yellow Transparent
- Heritage Apple, other. Must name variety.
Class 3: Apricots (5)
Class 4: Berries (1/2 pint)
- Berries, other. Must name variety.
Class 5: Cherries (1/2 pint)
- Sour cherries
- Sweet cherries
Class 6: Cherry Plums (10)
Class 7: Citrus
- Kumquat (5)
- Lemon (3)
- Meyer Lemon (3)
- Lime (3)
- Citrus, other. Must name variety.
Class 8: Crabapples (5)
Class 9: Figs (3)
Class 10: Grapes (3 bunches)
- Grapes, other. Must name variety.
Class 11: Kiwi (5)
- Fuzzy (A. chinensis)
- Hardy (A. arguta)
- Kiwi, other. Must name variety.
Class 12: Peaches, Regular (3)
- Peach, other. Must name variety.
Class 13: Peaches, Curl Resistant (3)
- Summer Salish
- Curl Resistant Peach, other. Must name variety.
Class 14: Pears, European (3)
- Red Bartlett
- European Pear, other. Must name variety.
Class 15: Pears, Asian (3)
- Nijessiki (Twentieth Century)
- Asian Pear, other. Must name variety.
Class 16: Plums, European, oval (3)
- Green Gage
- Italian Prune
- Yellow Egg
- European Plum, other. Must name variety.
Class 17: Plums, Japanese, round (3)
- Japanese Plum, other. Must name variety.
Class 18: Nuts (dry, 1 pint)
- Filbert (Hazelnut)
- Nuts, other. Must name variety.
Class 19: Quince (3)
Class 20: Other Fruit. Must name Class and Variety.