Superintendent: Lenore Bayuk; 360-378-3636
Questions? Call the Fair Office; 360-378-4310
Location: Main Exhibit Hall
Blue - $3
Red - $2
White - Ribbon only
AWARDS OF $10 FOR BEST OF CLASS AND $25 FOR BEST IN SHOW MAY BE DONATED BY THE SAN JUAN HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY.
- Fruit should be of show quality and grown in San Juan County by the entrant. Please see San Juan County Fair Entry rules.
- The number in parenthesis after the type of fruit indicates the quantity to submit.
- Fruit should be as close to perfection as possible - ripe, or slightly under ripe so it will last several days on display.
- Lots should be of uniform size and shape as uniformity is more important to the Judge than large size.
- Enter fruit with good representative color, a minimum of blemishes, and without bruises, damage, insect or larval infestations.
- Autumn ripening fruit will not be mature in August but will be shown alongside others grown in similar conditions and judged as representative of that type or variety.
- Enter by variety name. Preference is given to named varietals in the judging.
- More than one entry per Class is allowed, if they are from different varieties.
- The Superintendent may refuse entries or remove exhibits which are unsightly because of damage, decay, disease or infestation.
Class 1: Apples (3)
- Buckley Giant (Improved Buckley)
- Delicious, Golden (Yellow Delicious)
- Delicious, Red
- Early Blaze
- Golden Russet
- Karmijn de Sonnaville
- Northern Spy
- Twenty Ounce
- Tydeman Red
- Wolf River
- Apple, other. Must name variety.
Class 2: Heritage Apples (3)
- Blue Pearmain
- Bramley’s Seedling
- Brown Russet
- Cox’s Orange Pippin
- Snow (Fameuse)
- Twenty Ounce
- Yellow Banana
- Yellow Transparent
- Heritage Apple, other. Must name variety.
Class 3: Apricots (5)
Class 4: Berries (1/2 pint)
- Berries, other. Must name variety.
Class 5: Cherries (1/2 pint)
- Sour cherries
- Sweet cherries
Class 6: Cherry Plums (10)
Class 7: Citrus
- Kumquat (5)
- Lemon (3)
- Meyer Lemon (3)
- Lime (3)
- Citrus, other. Must name variety.
Class 8: Crabapples (5)
Class 9: Figs (3)
Class 10: Grapes (3 bunches)
- Grapes, other. Must name variety.
Class 11: Kiwi (5)
- Fuzzy (A. chinensis)
- Hardy (A. arguta)
- Kiwi, other. Must name variety.
Class 12: Melons
- Melon, other. Must name variety.
Class 13: Peaches, Regular (3)
- Peach, other. Must name variety.
Class 14: Peaches, Curl Resistant (3)
- Summer Salish
- Curl Resistant Peach, other. Must name variety.
Class 15: Pears, European (3)
- Red Bartlett
- European Pear, other. Must name variety.
Class 16: Pears, Asian (3)
- Nijessiki (Twentieth Century)
- Asian Pear, other. Must name variety.
Class 17: Plums, European, oval (3)
- Green Gage
- Italian Prune
- Yellow Egg
- European Plum, other. Must name variety.
Class 18: Plums, Japanese, round (3)
- Japanese Plum, other. Must name variety.
Class 19: Nuts (dry, 1 pint)
- Filbert (Hazelnut)
- Nuts, other. Must name variety.
Class 20: Quince (3)
Class 21: Other Fruit. Must name Class and Variety.