Rabbits & Cavies (I)
Superintendent: Jennifer Rigg
Location: Poultry/Rabbit Tent
Entry Check in: Tuesday, August 11th, 2020
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
1. All entrants must contact the Superintendent by July 31st to arrange cage space in advance.
1. All rabbits/cavies must be checked by the Fair veterinarian before being exhibited. Do NOT unload animal from personal cage until vet has checked your animal.
2. Exhibitors are responsible for the DAILY care of their animals, including food, water and clean cages. Exhibits must remain presentable to the public at all times throughout he Fair. Failure to comply with this regulation can result in forfeiture of premiums.
3. Limit to 8 total entries per entrant.
4. Does/Sows with litters will not be accepted. No kits/pups under 12 weeks old will be accepted as entries.
5. No wild/feral animals will be accepted as entries.
6. All lots will be judged according to breed standards.
7. No animal shall be removed from the Fair before the close of the Fair, except by special permission from the superintendent. Exhibitors will be contacted if their animal shows signs of illness and will need to be taken home.
8. Rabbits/cavies must be picked up by 12:00 pm on Sunday. The Fair is not responsible for unclaimed exhibits.
White Ribbon only
Grand / Reserve Champions (each class)
Best of Show
Other Special Awards TBA
Class I: Rabbits
1. Junior Buck (3 to 6 months)
2. Junior Doe (3 to 6 months)
3. Intermediate Buck (6 to 8 months)
4. Intermediate Doe (6 to 8 months)
5. Senior Buck (over 8 months)
6. Senior Doe (over 8 months)
7. Market Pen
Class II: Cavies (Guinea Pigs)
1. Junior Boar (12 to 22 oz, 3-4 months)
2. Junior Sow (12 to 22 oz, 3-4 months)
3. Intermediate Boar (23 to 32 oz, 4-6 months)
4. Intermediate Sow (23 to 32 oz, 4-6 months)
5. Senior Boar (over 32 oz, over 6 months)
6. Senior Sow (over 32 oz, over 6 months)
Special Event: Bunny Bingo
Location: Poultry Tent
Friday, August 14th
Round 1: Rabbit Bucks
Round 2: Rabbit Does
Round 3: Cavy Boars
Round 4: Cavy Sows
Entrants will be placed on a numbered grid in a contained pen. Numbers will be chosen “Bingo” style to determine winners. Prizes awarded for entrants and audience
Only rabbits/cavy entered in the Fair event (open or 4-H departments) can participate in this event. No exceptions.