Junior Arts & Crafts (V)
Location: Jim Crook Building
White Ribbon only
Special Award: “Emerging Artist Award” for 15 year old exhibitors.
$25 in each class
These awards are given each year to young adults for whom this is their last year in Junior Arts and Crafts. This work can also be judged in its regular class.
Ages 16 and up should exhibit in Fine Arts or Crafts/Woodworking in the main building.
Children from 1– 5 years will NOT be judged. Entries are for exhibit only.
1. Limit TWO ENTRIES per exhibitor for entire department.
2. Write your name on the back of your art if possible and include your age on the exhibitor tag.
3. Flat art can be framed or unframed. Framed art must have a strong wire or hanging device on the back for hanging on pegboard. Unframed wall art will be tacked to the wall with push pins and/or tacky tape unless another method of hanging is provided.
4. 3-D artists (including Legos), be sure your work is stable for safe display. (It will be touched.)
5. Poetry and writing should be entered in the Written Word department.
6. Age Categories:
1 - 5years
6 - 15 years
Class: Flat Art (FA)
Lot I: Paintings (Acrylic, Watercolor, Tempera & Oils)
Lot II: Drawings & Sketches
Lot III: Prints and Stamps (Hand cut stamps and anything made by stamping color onto some other form of materials)
Lot IV: Digital Art (anything made with a computer program)
Lot V: Photography
Class: 3-D Art (3D)
Lot I: Collage or Books
Lot II: Sculptures (wood, Paper mache, metal, other)
Lot III: Mosaics, Clay and Ceramics
Lot IV: Nature Crafts or Recycled Art
Lot V: Legos, Kid K’nex, Erector sets
Lot VI: Dolls and Puppets
Lot VII: Musical Instruments
Lot VIII: Mobiles and Wind Chimes
Lot IX: Textile and Fiber Arts
Lot X: Jewelry
Lot XII: Candles
Lot XIII: Collections (presented in an artful display)
Lot XIV: Group Art (anything made by 2 or more people)