Rabbits & Cavies (I)
Location: Horse Tack Barn
Grand / Reserve Champions, each class
Best of Show
Other Special Awards TBA
1. All entrants are encouraged to contact the Superintendent by JULY 31st to arrange cage space in advance. Priority will be given to those pre-entered.
2. All rabbits/cavies must be checked by the Fair veterinarian before being exhibited. Do NOT unload animal from personal cage until vet has checked your animal.
3. All animals must be free of lice, mites, and other parasites/diseases before they will be accepted as entries. Do not bring any animal to the fair that is showing signs of illness.
4. Exhibitors are responsible for the DAILY care of their animals, including food, water and clean cages. Exhibits must remain presentable to the public at all times throughout the Fair. Failure to comply with this regulation can result in forfeiture of premiums.
5. Number of entries per entrant may be limited due to cage space.
6. No kits/pups under 12 weeks old will be accepted as entries.
7. No wild/feral animals will be accepted as entries.
8. All lots will be judged according to breed standards. Animal’s overall condition will also be taken into consideration.
9. No animal shall be removed from the Fair before the close of the Fair, except by special permission from the superintendent. Exhibitors will be contacted if their animal shows signs of illness and will need to be taken home.
10. Rabbits/cavies must be picked up by 11:00 am on Sunday. The Fair is not responsible for unclaimed exhibits.
Class l: Rabbits
Class ll: Cavies (Guinea Pigs)
Special Event: Bunny Bingo
Location: Poultry department
Date and Time: TBA, posted in barn during Fair
Entrants will be placed on a numbered grid in a contained pen. Numbers will be chosen “bingo” style to determine winners. Prizes awarded to entrants and for audience participation.
Only rabbits/cavy entered in the Fair event (open or 4-H departments) can participate in this event, for animal health reasons. No exceptions.