ISLAND WRITERS (Z)
Awards: Peoples Choice Ribbons will be awarded daily
Entries postmarked by July 30th will be judged according to the Danish Judging System
ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN
JULY 30th, 2021
1. Limit of four entries per person.
2. All entries must be written by the entrant, original in 2020/2021 and unpublished.
3. Please submit five copies (not necessary If emailing) of each entry for judging purposes. The title should be at the top of the first page of each copy. Your name should not appear on these copies.
4. Include one title page per entry that includes
• word count (prose) or line count (poetry),
• class and lot
• your name
• age group (adult, young adult: 11-17, youth: 10 and under)
• phone number and/or e-mail address
5. Creative nonfiction may include writing such as essays, memoirs, literary journalism, narrative history, and travel writing.
6. Any entries exceeding the established word or line count for the lot in which it is entered in may not be judged.
7. Mailed entries must be typed on 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper in 12pt font. Prose must be double-spaced. Poetry should be single-spaced.
8. Entries can be mailed, emailed or uploaded to the Fair website, see link above (below department name)
Class I: Prose
1. Short fiction -- 1,500 words or less
2. Creative nonfiction - any subject - 1500 words or less
3. Fair Themed "Lettuce Entertain Ewe"-750 words; creative nonfiction or fiction
4. New Language - 750 words or less text, tweet, rap format
Class II: Poetry
1. Poetry, rhymed - 50 lines or less
2. Poetry, unrhymed - 50 lines or less
3. Fair theme: "Lettuce Entertain Ewe!" - 50 lines or less, may be rhymed or unrhymed
Class III: Lot I Writing for Children
1. Short fiction only
2. 1000 Words or less
3. Appropriate themes, topics, and language for children
4. Target audience - children aged preschool to 8 years
5. Do not include illustrations of any kind
MAIL ENTRIES TO:
Island Writers, SJC Fair, POB 1094, Friday
Harbor, WA 98250
July 30th, 2021
ENTER ONLINE and upload your pdfs in our online entry form!