Co-Superintendents: Miles Crossen and Thomas Ashcraft
People’s Choice Ribbon for each category listed below:
Professional Photographers: Individuals who regularly sell their work or teach the craft are considered professional. Entries by professional photographers will be grouped together in an open section. Depending on the number of entries multiple awards may be given. Entries by professional photographers should demonstrate outstanding photographic composition and technique rather than showcasing a particular artist’s work.
There are three exhibitor sections:
Competitive - No regard to age. (Please note: Teenagers should mark TEEN on their entries)
Artists who regularly sell their work are considered professional. Please indicate with "P" after title on Form
Adult and Teen Open - Photographers age 13 years and over. (Please note: Teenagers should mark TEEN on their entries)
Youth Open - Photographers age 12 years and under.
- Photographers may enter TWO photographs in the Competitive Section and/or TWO photographs in the Open Section) for a maximum of four photographs).While children 12 and under may enter photographs in the competitive section, care should be taken to ensure that the photographs are of a competitive quality.
- To encourage photographers to create work specifically for exhibiting at the fair all photographs must have been taken within 19 months of the fair (that is, after January 1, 2020).
- Photographs may be titled or untitled.
- In all sections, both color and black and white photographs will be accepted.
- No distinction will be made between digital or film based photography.
- GEN General (landscapes, sunsets or sunrises, sailboats, architecture, i.e. wonderful, evocative images).
- FT Fair Theme ("Lettuce Entertain Ewe!" and/or County People and Activities (must clearly evoke San Juan County and or the County Fair).
- CH Children (Images of children)
- PO Portrait.
- PFA Pets and Farm Animals.
- NW Nature/Wildlife.
- FM Flowers or Other Macro.
- SL Still Life
- TR Travel (entries in this class the image will be judged on how well the image evokes a particular place or culture as well as on its artistic merits).
- CR Creative Images (An abstract - an image represented as a graphical design, or for emotional impact rather than for what it actually is; or an altered image, artificially colored or digitally created, with the result the artistic vision of the photographer not necessarily representative of reality).
- PE Photo Essay. Multiple images that tell a story. Images may be in color or black and white, from film or captured digitally.