2019 Scarecrow Contest
Location: Check-in; Fair OfficeDisplay locations; various (you will be assigned a space upon check in scarecrows will displayed at designated spaces throughout the Fairgrounds.)
- All scarecrows must be entered on the Fair’s general entry day, the Tuesday before the Fair (August 14th) between the hours of 9am and 6pm. Please check in at the Fair office to be assigned a space for your scarecrow. Scarecrows may be picked up on the Fair’s official pick-up day, Sunday August 19th from 9am until noon.
- All scarecrows entries must be the following:
- Weather hearty (Consider rain and wind—all scarecrows will be displayed outside)
- All scarecrows must be suitable for viewing by all members of the community.
- Only entries created in the current Fair year will be accepted
- Cannot exceed width of 4ft.
- One entry per household.
- Animatronic/electric parts not permitted.
- Any limbs, accessories, etc. must be securely fastened.
*Exhibitors are required to provide own anchor such as stakes, rods, pins, etc.
CONTEST ENTRY CATEGORIES:
Class I: Best scarecrow made of RECYCLED materials
Class II: Best TRADITIONAL scarecrow
Class III: Best scarecrow reflecting the FAIR THEME of that Year (2019 “A Wheel in Time: Cultivating Roots”
Class IV: Most CREATIVE scarecrow
JUDGING: This is a People’s choice contest. Voters will be able to choose from the listed entry categories above. Voting will occur on the Fair’s “Best of” ballots located next to the Fair’s official information Kiosks.